22 Oct 2014

NARS Dragon Girl Velvet Matte Lip Pencil





I'm sure by now you have all heard more than enough about NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, but I thought I would finally add my two cents to the mixture. You see, I was excited about this product in a 'I'm sure it must be pretty good due to the amount of attention it has received' kind of way, but when I got my hands on it and actually wore it myself, I was blown away.

I have chronically dry lips (note to self: DRINK MORE WATER) so I tend to stay away from formula's I think will be drying. I thought this lip pencil would land in this category but boy was I wrong. What I don't understand is how it manages to be so matte and creamy, whilst simultaneously being non-drying. Do they have witchcraft in the NARS labs?! My bet would be yes, yes they do.

This lip pencil is literally the pinnacle of lipsticks - easy to apply, highly pigmented, non-drying and so long lasting its laughable. The first time I wore it, I had it on for over 8 hours and it was perfect. I tried to take it off at night, but I was still left with stained lips, which I tried to wash off the next day. I kid you not. All in all, I think the price tag is more than justified.

You can buy it for £18 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment