4 Jul 2014

Etude House Collagen Moistfull Skincare





When I was in Korea, Etude House was one of my favourite shops. I was always in there. However, even though I bought so much of their makeup, I never ventured out into their skincare. When I was travelling around Tokyo and came across an Etude House stall in one of the department stores there, there was a deal on that was just too much of a bargain to pass up. And thus, I came to own their emulsion, facial freshener (both the full 180ml size) and generous samples of the first essence, sleeping pack and cream.

The facial freshener is basically a toner that contains over 90% collagen (great for helping the skin stay youthful) as well as baobab tree extract. I apply it to a cotton pad and sweep it over my face after cleansing to really get rid of any leftover grime and oil. It has a watery gel-like texture when it comes out of the bottle making it similar to ketchup to get out - a pump would have been so much better! I really like this product though, it hasn't broken me out at all and feels lovely and moisturising on the skin. The smell is wonderful too - really fresh and calming.

As for the emulsion, oh my do I love this stuff. I have really sensitive skin, so usually moisturisers feel really heavy on my skin. This just feels juicy. It is so light and runny, but boy does this pack a hydrating punch. It absorbs super quick too, which is a godsend because I hate the sticky feeling of a moisturiser sitting on top of your skin *shudders*.

I've been using these morning and night for just under two months and my skin has really changed for the better. It has a smoother texture, and my blackheads on my nose have almost gone! Huzzah! I do still get the occasional spot, but nothing compared to what I would get previously. Also, it feels weird to say this but my skin just feels plumper using this. I think it's seriously good stuff.

As for the samples, I've only used them a couple of times but I can give you my first thoughts on them from my experiences. The first essence is a lot runnier than the facial freshener, and is meant to be used beforehand. I really like this - it really does improve your skins hydration. I would like to purchase a full size version of this. The cream is great. To me it is very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge moisturiser - not only in its gel like texture but in performance. Lastly, the Sleeping Pack is my least favourite product of this line. I thought it was really thick and heavy, even though I only used a peas sized amount for my whole face. When I woke up the day after using this, I found it had really broken my skin out. Not fun.

Overall though, I've really enjoyed using these products and would most definitely recommend them. I just wish they were more accessible in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment