2 Jun 2014

Summer Brights






As summer is fast approaching, I thought it was time to crack out my brighter lipsticks to add a bit of colour into my usual routine. I have three favourites at the moment - Etude House Color Lips Fit in #OR202 Wanna Fit Orange, Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in 910 Shocking Coral, and Max Factor lipstick in 827 in Bewitching Coral.

The Etude House lip colour is a liquid lipstick that dries matte, and delivers one heck of a punch of colour. I love this shade because I've not got anything else like it, though it's a bit out of my comfort zone to be honest (I'm more of a pink/ red kinda girl). It really does brighten the face up, and being orange is a bit different from what most other people are wearing.

The Maybelline lipstick is so shockingly bright when up open the tube you practically need sunglasses to view it - it is that neon. In fact, it really quite scared me at first. However, when it is on, it looks so pretty.It is more glossy than my Max Factor coral lipstick (though I would say the colour is somewhere between a pink and a coral) so needs more attention, but it does last a while in any case so it's not too bad.  Definitely one to check out next time you're in Boots or Superdrug.

As for the Max Factor lipstick, I've had this one for quite a while now and it is one of my all time favourite bright lipsticks. The formula is creamy and non-drying, and with only one sweep over your lips you get a beautiful opaque coverage that lasts and lasts and lasts. It fades out elegantly over the day, leaving behind a lovely stain that make your lips look all bee-stung and gorgeous.

All of these I like to wear with minimal makeup, so all the focus is on the pop of colour. In the pictures above I'm wearing my Nars Sheer Glow foundation, some Gosh Eyebrow pencil in Soft Black through my brows, a few sweeps of Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara and the lightest dusting of Estée Lauder Pure Colour Blush in Lover's Blush (awesome name) on the apples of my cheeks.

What are your favourite bright lipsticks to wear in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment